Delightfully nutty, slightly sweet, and pleasing to the eye.
You can substitute your favorite jelly or jam. I love the lingonberry because of it’s subtlety sweet flavor and beautiful color. Make half with blueberry jam and the colors are even more stunning.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter – room temp.
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 eggs SEPARATED
- 1 tsp. vanilla nut butter extract (or plain vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. ground almond flour
- 2 1/2 c. King Arthur gluten free Measure for Measure flour (the quality of gluten-free flour you use will always alter your results. If you do not achieve a finished product that you like, first alter your flour. I only use the King Arthur brand, and even with the great brand, you have to choose your variety wiht care.)
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 jar of lingonberry jam, your favorite flavor.
DirectionsLET’S GET BAKING!
- Finley chop your nuts so that they are a nice size for your cookie. Place into a bowl and set aside until you reach step 14.
- If you have a stand-mixer, use it. If not, place your softened butter in a large bowl.
- Add the white and light brown sugars to the butter, mix until well combined. Keep scraping the sides. You cannot over-mix here.
- Add the salt and vanilla butter nut extract. Keep mixing.
- Add the egg YOKES only. Beat until well combined.
- Add the pecan flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the flour, 1 c. at a time, until thoroughly mixed. (Do not pack the flour, use the spoon into the measure cup, back of knife to level, method.)
- When you have a cohesive dough, cover and refrigeate for an hour.
- Line 2 banking sheets with parchment paper.
- When the colling period is almost finished, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make either a 1″ or 2″ (depending on how large you want your cookies), dough ball and put back into the mixing bowl.
- Once all the balls are made, in a separate bowl, whip the egg whites into a froathy-foam.
- Pour the egg whites over the dough balls and gently mix with your hands to make sure the balls are covered.
- Roll in the chopped nuts.
- Place dough balls on the cookie sheet at least 2″ apart.
- Bake the balls for 8 minutes, remove from oven, and with the back of the ice-cream scoop, gently depress creating a crator.
- Bake another 5-7 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown. (Ovens vary, keep an eye on your cookies.)
- Remove from oven and slide the parchment paper onto a cooling rack.
- Immediately add your lingonberry jam (or flavor of choice) and let cool.