If you make your own BBQ sauce, please use it! If not, use your favorite store-bought brand and doctor it to the way you like it. Sometimes just combining equal parts honey and BBQ sauce is really tasty. My homemede BBQ recipe can be found here.
Heavy, thick skewers
8 pieces of thick cut bacon, cut in thirds
24 prawns – peeled and deveined.
1 c. BBQ sauce
Fresh chopped cilantro
1. Soak the skewers for at least 30 minutes
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
4. Place a wire rack on the bakingg sheet and lay out the bacon. Bake for about 20 minutes in the center of the oven. You want the bacon to be about ⅔ done and not crispy. Remove and set aside on a paper towel. Drain and save the bacon grease for other uses. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
5. Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon, securing it with the skewer through the fat part of the shrimp. Set back on the rack.
6. Brush the shrimp and bacon with the BBQ sauce.
7. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes. Brush with more BBQ every 5 minutes.
8. The shrimp will cool rather quickly. If the bacon isn’t done enough for you, place it under the broiler, door open, for 15-30 seconds.
9. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice and sautéed vegetables.